Your initial visit will consist of a comprehensive dental examination by Dr. Smith in conjunction with your Hygienist. The Hygienist will complete a full mouth series of x-rays, check the health of your gums and oral tissues, and address/note any dental concerns. This information is vital for Dr. Smith to accurately diagnose and properly treatment plan all concerns with your dental health. Healthy individuals with healthy gums, can typically complete their dental cleaning, by the hygienist, the same day. Those patients with gum health concerns or medical history concerns that need further review, will be assessed on a case-by-case basis to determine the proper course of action/treatment moving forward. Please note that the initial visit is scheduled with additional time to allow Dr. Smith ample time to fully address and explain all findings and answer all questions and concerns you may have.
- All patients under the age of 18, must be accompanied by a parent or guardian at initial visit.
- Comprehensive Exam consist of:
- Review of your Medical and Dental History
- Visual oral cancer screening
- Evaluation of you gum health
- Evaluation of your teeth, gums, and oral tissues
- Interpretation of x-rays
- Treatment Planning
- Treatment presentation and explanation
- Full mouth series x-rays are required for all patients at initial visit unless medically contra-indicated.